Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PSPUAE UE v0.90 Beta4 12 April 2014 News  (Read 42163 times)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
PSPUAE UE v0.90 Beta4 12 April 2014 News
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »

Hi,

Thought I would post a new thread on the up an coming version.

Tweaked Compile flags (Increased speed)
Compiled with latest toolchain (Increased speed)
Dumped FPU code (Increased speed)
Dumped 68881 and 040 code (Decreased EBOOT size)
Optimised and recompiled CPU cores, blitter and blit code (Increased speed)
Add AGA properly (Dont expect any great speeds) - Still having issues with this (not decided yet)
Tweak CPU to CHIPSET timeslice (helps make stuff run smoother when using CHIPSET setting)
Sign PSPUAE to run on any PSP (hacked or not) - think there will be a signed and non signed
PSP's with extra RAM can now use the full amount (phat and early 2000 models, still limited to around 12MB's) non signed / kernel mode can give more RAM
z3Fast RAM (allows you use up to 16MB of Zorro III Fast RAM) - on my Go! I can use 32MB, but stuck with 16MB as then your able to use all RAM listed in menu without issue, unless your on original PSP
Remove Kickstart ROM checksum check (you can use what ever ROM you want)
Remove Serial and BSDSocket support (Increased speed)
Tweaked Compiler / target optimisations (Increased speed)
Fix CD32 button support / Menu option added (there is still one issue, for some reason e-uae code was written to set CD32 buttons on both pads at same time, very wierd).
Tweaked CYCLE UNIT to increase speed (this needs testing thought as messing with this can cause blitter to screw up. i.e. Great Giana Sisters, stuck on title screen

Status:- Last I worked on HDD code, it was mounting HDD as negative size, then reset looping.
As of yesterday, its mounting as correct size then has BUS corruption and reset loops.
Plan now, is to rewrite the HDD code and try again.

Planned additions;
HDD support,
Proper AGA support,
Integrate FAMEC core (may look at integrating UAE4ALL2 FAMEC as it supports 020 FAMEC)

v0.90 Beta 5 <-------- DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:36:22 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

drewst3r

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
Re: PSPUAE UE v0.90 Beta4 12 April 2014 News
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:04:33 AM »

Sounds great Fol - Looking forward to it.

Thanks  :D

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:05:13 PM »

Hoping to release whats done around easter, just hit a really annoying old issue, which I just trying to work out has caused it.

* FOL kicks beta testers, HELLO, little feedback, ;).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:11:41 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

DonAmiga

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »

Hi Fol

Got your email to psp has been in the drawer since I was last on, sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day well seems that way! Im off tomorrow for the weekend but soon as I get back I'll dig it out and start testing  ;)

All the best
Don  :)

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »

Must be search where is my PSP.. :)
Hi FOL whats up?
keep memory,s as treasure

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:34 PM »

Must be search where is my PSP.. :)
Hi FOL whats up?

Hey Anemos, how you doing?
Resolute and Industrious

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »

I still fighting for the life.. :)
keep memory,s as treasure

drewst3r

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »

OK Fol - Hope you work it out.

Happy Easter.

Hoping to release whats done around easter, just hit a really annoying old issue, which I just trying to work out has caused it.

* FOL kicks beta testers, HELLO, little feedback, ;).

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »

Just a quick update. Im still working on a nice new bug that has decided to appear.
It involves the disk functions, spewing up random checksum / read write errors. Odd thing is, nothing has changed in the floppy code.

This has however pointed to an incorrect piece of code, which I will fix at the same time, ;).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:48:25 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 04:33:35 PM »

one too many 'optimisations'?
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »

one too many 'optimisations'?

Nope I removed all optimisations.
Ill go back to release 0.72 and do things one by one. As release 0.72 Floppy works perfect even with wrong piece of code. Wrong piece of code tells floppy to run at twice the timing to everything else. This isnt right when cycle unit is switched.
Resolute and Industrious

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »

This is still causing head ache.
I cant seem to find the issue, with floppy. Only other thing I have changed since last full release was the compiler, may have to go back to cygwin. This could be a problem as the PSP scene is pretty much dead in terms of compiler and toolchain.
Resolute and Industrious

TEOL

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
    • Retro Asylum
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »

I don't know. With Pro C 6.00 Online about as the final PSP CFW ever with it's unlock the extra memory of your PSP setting and advanced online features the homebrew could be thriving on it more than ever but it's the devs of the emulators that are killing what beasts they could be now off.

With now 32MB memory total after it being unlocked in the new firmware PSPUAE can finally get rid of all the dogey poppy sound issues that happened in the past because of the low memory due to half of it not being unlocked until this new firmware came out and perhaps even CD ISO mode can be added as well.

With these new memory increses it opens the chance of a full featured FS-UAE. Maybe even hard drives and everything could even be made available on it now with the extra memory unlock letting you do so?

I'm loving the possiblitys of the Pro C CFW. If this is done and uses the Pro C to the full it's time to dust off the old PSP 2000 and give 0.90 a spin.

Of course a light version like all the older versions is still required for those with a PSP 1000 with no extra memory or pro online plugins. But having a full featured version for 2000 - Final Modal would be the great.

The good thing about a fully featured version is you can then make WHDownload Savestates for all versions including Lite straight from your PSP but only the full version for big memory PSPs can make them although all versions can play them.

I'm liking my idea of a full featured version for higher memory models so much I hope it can actually be done as it would be a beastly emulator for the PSP and probably the best ever as it would be the first ever emulator to try making a high memory PRO-C 2000 + version.

I don't know about a PSP Go version with even more memory at a whopping 64MB but that would be good for the Go owners although I don't have one so I can't test although I can play on the 2000 32MB version.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:12:13 PM by TEOL »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »

I don't know. With Pro C 6.00 Online about as the final PSP CFW ever with it's unlock the extra memory of your PSP setting and advanced online features the homebrew could be thriving on it more than ever but it's the devs of the emulators that are killing what beasts they could be now off.

With now 32MB memory total after it being unlocked in the new firmware PSPUAE can finally get rid of all the dogey poppy sound issues that happened in the past because of the low memory due to half of it not being unlocked until this new firmware came out and perhaps even CD ISO mode can be added as well.

With these new memory increses it opens the chance of a full featured FS-UAE. Maybe even hard drives and everything could even be made available on it now with the extra memory unlock letting you do so?

I'm loving the possiblitys of the Pro C CFW. If this is done and uses the Pro C to the full it's time to dust off the old PSP 2000 and give 0.90 a spin.

Of course a light version like all the older versions is still required for those with a PSP 1000 with no extra memory or pro online plugins. But having a full featured version for 2000 - Final Modal would be the great.

The good thing about a fully featured version is you can then make WHDownload Savestates for all versions including Lite straight from your PSP but only the full version for big memory PSPs can make them although all versions can play them.

I'm liking my idea of a full featured version for higher memory models so much I hope it can actually be done as it would be a beastly emulator for the PSP and probably the best ever as it would be the first ever emulator to try making a high memory PRO-C 2000 + version.

I don't know about a PSP Go version with even more memory at a whopping 64MB but that would be good for the Go owners although I don't have one so I can't test although I can play on the 2000 32MB version.

Already dumped glue stuff and enabled full memory on later models. This does nothing for sound, I have a Go! and run Pro C, I can get around 30MB RAM. FS-UAE wont happen, its X86 based. Maybe PUAE, but haven't had any luck on it compiling as yet, plus WIP 4 and P-UAE have lots of confusing changes in the way options are selected.

Been out of the loop in regards to CFW, so its a little confusing as to know whats new and not.
Wont be long and PSP will be dead forever, :(. They stopped releasing FW for it for something like 2 to 3 years now. Even some of the features added, no longer work, :(. SONY suck.

I did try setting up toolchain in Linux, however even the newest updated toolchain kept failing, due to ps2dev server being dead.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:07:45 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »

You are out of touch if you think psp CfW is dead FOL.

It's alive and kicking but it's on the PS-Vita. There are quite a lot of regular updates!!

Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022