Forum > Games Discussion

Moonstone whdload probs??

<< < (2/3) > >>

baboon:
Well after getting my whdload games to run I thouht my workbench looked a bit basic so just did a new install with the Bloodwych classicWB (http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/downloaduae.htm).

All seemed fine but I just tried running some WHD games and now its saying 'DOS-Error #205(object not found) on reading "devs:kickstarts/kick34005.a500"?

I've got the correct files but I'm unsure why its not working? Where should I put the kick34005.a500 where it can be seen (and where should the devs folder go)?

I've tried putting the devs folder (with the kickstart images) in numerous places (the whdload key readme said it searches in the following order: S:  L:  Devs:  Progdir) but I'm still getting the dos error 205?

I could make do with the basic wb3.1 setup I had as I managed to run games that way yesterday - but the ClassicWB looked much nicer with the funky icons and all the apps and folder structures already in place so I'd prefer to get the whdload games running on it instead?

Sorry for the noob questions!  ;D

FOL:

--- Quote from: baboon on May 30, 2010, 01:59:28 PM ---Well after getting my whdload games to run I thouht my workbench looked a bit basic so just did a new install with the Bloodwych classicWB (http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/downloaduae.htm).

All seemed fine but I just tried running some WHD games and now its saying 'DOS-Error #205(object not found) on reading "devs:kickstarts/kick34005.a500"?

I've got the correct files but I'm unsure why its not working? Where should I put the kick34005.a500 where it can be seen (and where should the devs folder go)?

I've tried putting the devs folder (with the kickstart images) in numerous places (the whdload key readme said it searches in the following order: S:  L:  Devs:  Progdir) but I'm still getting the dos error 205?

I could make do with the basic wb3.1 setup I had as I managed to run games that way yesterday - but the ClassicWB looked much nicer with the funky icons and all the apps and folder structures already in place so I'd prefer to get the whdload games running on it instead?

--- End quote ---

The newer Bloodwych packs he had to remove the kickstarts. So you need to supply them.

All kickstart related files go in the DEVS:Kickstarts/ folder.

baboon:

--- Quote from: FOL on May 30, 2010, 02:19:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: baboon on May 30, 2010, 01:59:28 PM ---Well after getting my whdload games to run I thouht my workbench looked a bit basic so just did a new install with the Bloodwych classicWB (http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/downloaduae.htm).

--- End quote ---

The newer Bloodwych packs he had to remove the kickstarts. So you need to supply them.

--- End quote ---

I've got the kickstarts and they are all named correctly its just I'm not sure where to put the devs folder?

FOL:

--- Quote from: baboon on May 30, 2010, 02:26:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I've got the kickstarts and they are all named correctly its just I'm not sure where to put the devs folder?

--- End quote ---

As I said, all kickstarts and RTB files go in the DEVS:kickstarts/

baboon:

--- Quote from: FOL on May 30, 2010, 02:31:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: baboon on May 30, 2010, 02:26:20 PM ---

I've tried putting the devs folder (with the kickstart images) in numerous places (the whdload key readme said it searches in the following order: S:  L:  Devs:  Progdir) but I'm still getting the dos error 205?

Sorry for the noob questions!  ;D

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

As I said, all kickstarts and RTB files go in the DEVS:kickstarts/

--- End quote ---

But in what directory do I put the the Devs folder into UAE? ...I can't see an existing folder searching through all the classicWB anywhere? Do I also need to add the directory as a device or something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version