Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amiga Online Pack 5 Released  (Read 35006 times)

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Amiga Online Pack 5 Released
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »

I have finally completed the updates for Amiga Online, and compiled some new packages available to download.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, Amiga Online is our portion of this site dedicated to enabling anyone to be able to play Amiga games online against friends or other board members. Originally devised for Windows only with the WinUAE Kaillera emulator, i am happy to say the concept has finally gone multi-platform, and has been further extended to make life simpler even for single player setups.

The packs, which are available to download via the Amiga Online front-page: www.amigaonline.co.uk (or below) contain a number of configurations for the FS-UAE Emulator & Launcher (for PC, Mac and Linux) already set up to make playing online as simple as possible.

There is a pack available with over 2000+  games (both single and multiplayer) , or cut-down versions with a limited number of Multiplayer only games (which will be added to with user feedback) , or English only games, along with packs including and excluding additional artwork which can be displayed by the FS-UAE Launcher.

There are no game files or Amiga Roms contained in these packs - you will need to obtain some Kickstart roms yourself (for A1200/A600 setups) and all game files are downloaded "on demand" by the FS-UAE Launcher when you use these set-ups, thus saving you valuable disk space by only storing locally the game files you actually play.

The new system also comes with added bonuses such as an Amiga-Side database which allows for customisation of WHDLoad settings for each game on startup, allow trainers and other such patches to be applied at any time.

A guide to using the packs and playing online is available here:
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk/index.php/topic,9565.0.html

I hope you will all enjoy the new "Big Pack 5", and I would welcome your feedback for future developments, and especially regarding recommendations for specific game setups.

Credits and thanks will appear when I have some more time - but most of you know who you are!!

Horace

Downloads:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:27:07 AM by Hungry Horace »
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

mihcael

• Filth Infatuated!
  • Forum Mod
  • A600
  • Child of Amiga
    • It's Brutal - Amiga Links
Re: Amiga Online Pack 5 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »

Cool stuff! Really great work!

Love the tick, i want!
It's Brutal, and Inexcusable!

Lonewolf10

• AMOS Extensions Developer
  • AMOS Dev
  • A2000
    • http://www.aliensrcooluk.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16:09 PM »

Sounds great :) Will check it out once (if?!) I'm knocked out of the EAB It's A Knockout! competition. Until then my time is limited :(

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »

Hope you enjoy our little article on Indie Retro News, as we featured you :)

http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/01/ultimate-amiga-online-play-lots-of.html

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:21:43 PM »

Hope you enjoy our little article on Indie Retro News, as we featured you :)

http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/01/ultimate-amiga-online-play-lots-of.html

sweet! thank you very much!

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 01:19:03 AM »

1) I'm having an issue with an unregistered WHDLOAD every time I load a game through fslauncher, especially any of the games in the gaming pack. Now I know that the WHDLOAD.KEY is in the correct directory, that being Documents\FS-UAE. I even put it in \Documents\FS-UAE\WHLOAD it's still doing it! I also know that the WHDLOAD files are correct and the very latest, as they are the same in both my classicwb and AIAB os set up which work perfectly.

I wonder if it would be more helpful if the launcher had a scan option for any registered whdload's?

2) Also, Abandoned Places 2 is extremely laggy almost to the point of unplayable on some systems when any enemies appear in the Dungeons. Not sure if this can be fixed, it's always been a nightmare on most Winuae setups i've played
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:20:43 AM by Neil79 »

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »

1) I'm having an issue with an unregistered WHDLOAD every time I load a game through fslauncher, especially any of the games in the gaming pack. Now I know that the WHDLOAD.KEY is in the correct directory, that being Documents\FS-UAE. I even put it in \Documents\FS-UAE\WHLOAD it's still doing it! I also know that the WHDLOAD files are correct and the very latest, as they are the same in both my classicwb and AIAB os set up which work perfectly.

I wonder if it would be more helpful if the launcher had a scan option for any registered whdload's?

Note that the Amiga Online pack does not use the same location for WHDLoad.key files as the FS-UAE Launcher's own in-built WHDload function... this is to prevent confusion in online play where whdload keyfiles *must* be the same.

You need to create a WHDload file in the GamePack folder. .. i.e. "parallel" with configs/ etc and place your keyfile there.

Code: [Select]
hard_drive_3 = $CONFIG/../WHDLoad
hard_drive_3_label = WHDLoad

2) Also, Abandoned Places 2 is extremely laggy almost to the point of unplayable on some systems when any enemies appear in the Dungeons. Not sure if this can be fixed, it's always been a nightmare on most Winuae setups i've played

If you have an FS-UAE config taylored for this game i will be happy to include it in a pack update .... i assume it required more (or less??) accurate emulation

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »

You need to create a WHDload file in the GamePack folder. .. i.e. "parallel" with configs/ etc and place your keyfile there.

Code: [Select]
hard_drive_3 = $CONFIG/../WHDLoad
hard_drive_3_label = WHDLoad

Sorry, you lost me here

So I need to create a Directory called WHDload in C:\WinUAE\Amiga Online Pack 5 (Complete) [013.009]

What's the Code stuff for, where does that go?

2) Regarding Abandoned Places 2, I had another reply on the Winuae forums: Tested with a plain WB 3.1 install and WHDLoad 17.1 (build 5206) on WinUAE with the A1200 4 MB quickstart (set to best compatibility) now. Again no slowdown and the mouse moved smoothly. I even killed one skeleton I used the installed version from WHDownload.com if that matters.  :

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »

ABANDONED PLACES 2 - Working Configuration : AMIGA 1200/ACCURATE

However still no go on the WHDLOAD issue, I've got the WHDLOAD folder parallel with the configurations folder with keyfile placed inside.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 08:14:14 PM »

Sorry... my bad...

The folder structure should be:
- Configurations/....fs-uae
- Titles/....png
- WHDLoad/s/whdload.key  <  the "s" sub-folder i thought was optional, but maybe not. I suspect this is what you are missing.

I have this working on my current setup... please let me know if it's working on yours!  I will also test this on my work PC!

the "code" i posted was from the config, and was just to show how the WHDLoad folder is mapped 'relative' to the CONFIG$ paramater (which is where the launcher config is)

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »

no, i am wrong - i just tested it without the s/ sub-folder and it still worked.

Can you let me know what version of fs-uae you are using and maybe post the fs-uae log files?

I assume you are using a PC rather than a Mac?

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »

no, i am wrong - i just tested it without the s/ sub-folder and it still worked.

Can you let me know what version of fs-uae you are using and maybe post the fs-uae log files?

I assume you are using a PC rather than a Mac?

Windows Installer for FS-UAE Emulator & Launcher
fs-uae-2.1.23dev-setup.exe

Will get the log files as soon as i'm home :), going to test this on my home PC as well. The other one is a mac yes, however it's bootcamp which means I was in Windows

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »

Success!

1) One for the Documents folder C:\Users\username\Documents\FS-UAE\WHDLoad\WHDload.key
2) The other for the Winuae home folder F:\Emulator\Amiga\Winuae\WHDLoad\WHDload.key

Did that, now working :)

Now to get it working on the other system, thanks again :)

Perhaps this might be a good tip for people with issues?

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »

Success!

1) One for the Documents folder C:\Users\username\Documents\FS-UAE\WHDLoad\WHDload.key
2) The other for the Winuae home folder F:\Emulator\Amiga\Winuae\WHDLoad\WHDload.key

Did that, now working :)

Now to get it working on the other system, thanks again :)

Perhaps this might be a good tip for people with issues?

I dont understand how this is working.... the WHDLoad folder is psecified in each config at the $CONFIG/../WHDLoad location

This means it is one folder "back" from the Config, in a folder called WHDLoad. I assume you are not moving the configs files into a different folder? (if you are,that would explain the wierd behaviour)

I would still like to see the log files if possible please? FrodeSolheim may need to help solve this!!

Neil79

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »

Here's the log file..

Btw I noticed that FS-UAE didn't give me an option where to install it? I'd like to have installed it to my F:\ Retro drive :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022